Entry #0 Good v.s. Bad Blog

 There are two types of blogs, the ones that get your attention and can keep it throughout the entire post, and the ones that can't. It's that simple, there are many ways to make a good blog but I will use the blogging website Billboard. What I like about this blogging website is the color selection. The use of black blue and white colors work very well together and allows the readers to easily view the pages. I also appreciate the fact that there is no pop up ads and all of the adds are smaller on the side of the screen. I understand websites needs ads and am happy that Billboard doesn't shove them into your face when viewing their website, it allows for a smoother viewers experience. A smaller bonus that I enjoy about this website is how they show other trending blog titles on the right side of the screen without them taking over the blog I came to look at in the first place. This blog is directed towards likeminded music consumers who like to keep up to date on what is going on around the music industry and what songs are toping the charts. This blog is not written with much personality, it is written rather professionally with the sole intent to provide information to the consumers about their favorite artists. These blogs also do not use much for photos besides the photos used for the title.   

On the other hand, one popular blogging website I do not like is the blog People. With the use of a very bright yellow on a white background I immediately thought the website looked like just one big ad. The colors did not mesh well and did not look simple and clean. Another con to this website is that it just looks very messy, there is a lot going on on every page with advertisements on the sides and other blogs being shown all around the page and not to mention the actual ads that pop up on my screen when I'm reading. This website does have more personality that Billboard, the authors on People will use the word, "I" more often giving the blog more of a life and does seem to be as computer generated. This website, just like Billboard, uses hyperlinks to other pages on their website within every blog to entire the reader to dive deeper into their website, thus giving the website more clicks and views. This website is definitely written less professionally than Billboard with the use of emojis and improper grammar at times. 

People does have some redeeming qualities to it but does not hold a candle to the simplicity and straight to the point style of writing Billboard uses in my opinion.


Comments